Today, I will share with you quail recipe that is cooked in Sauternes.
- 4 quail, about ¾ lb each.
- ¾ cup of butter, melted.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- 3 tablespoons of flour.
- 1 can (10-½ ounces) of condensed chicken broth.
- ¾ cup of water.
- ½ cup of Sauternes.
- Dash of cayenne.
- Split each quail down the center breast and open flat.
- Brush lightly with some of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Broil the quail for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Pour the remaining butter into a skillet.
- Stir in the flour, then gradually stir in the chicken broth, water, and Sauternes.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Add the cayenne and broiled quail.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until quail are tender.
Stay Tuned on Grand Cafe Lounge for more recipes. Cheers!